Nominate to become a member Click Here
Full Membership is open to:
- recognised medical specialists who are Fellows of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (OHNS), or who hold an equivalent qualification and are recognised as a specialist on OHNS in Australia by the Australian Medical Council or the Medical Council of New Zealand AND are members in good standing of the Australasian Society of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery or the New Zealand Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- speech pathologists who are members of Speech Pathology Australia or the New Zealand Speech – Language Therapists Association, and
- persons working as voice scientists in Australia or New Zealand.
Overseas Membership is open to:
- specialists, medical trainees and other health care professionals who reside abroad. Overseas members must have, or have had, some connection with Laryngology in Australasia and membership is strictly by approval from the Society Executive.
- From time to time the Executive may propose persons to membership who do not meet the above criteria, providing that person has a connection to Laryngology. Allied health professionals (such as physiotherapy) and medical specialists practising in specialities other than OHNS may be so considered under this category.
Applications for Membership
Applicants for membership should send completed application forms to the Secretary. No sponsorship is required, but membership is subject to approval by the Executive and ratification by an AGM/EGM, except during the period of foundation, up to 30 June 2013, when all who satisfy the criteria for membership, complete online membership and pay the fees will be accepted as Full Members unless there is an objection from the Executive, in which case the decision must be decided by a vote of the membership at the next AGM/EGM.
The Society Executive
- Vice President
- Secretary/Treasurer (combined position)
- Regional and Specialist representatives as below
Regional and Specialist representatives
Regional and Specialist representatives shall also be elected by the AGM to cover the following areas where there is no existing member of the executive in this category:
- New Zealand
At least 2 members of the executive, at any time, must be an Otolaryngologist – Head and Neck surgeon and at least two must be Speech Pathologists. Effort has been made to ensure that each area has an Otolaryngologist – Head & Neck Surgeon and a Speech Pathologist representative at any one time persons working as voice scientists in Australia or New Zealand.
- CONSTITUTION AND RULES OF ASSOCIATION (PDF 119.4 kb)