I am writing to add my voice to the chorus of praise I hope you have received for the wonderful seminar...
The 2nd Laryngology Society of Australasia Conference. 2016 will be held 4 - 6 November 2016 at Byron...
The Laryngology Society of Australasia (LSA) was formed to promote Laryngology in Australasia for Otolaryngologists, Speech Pathologists and Voice Scientists. The fundamental purpose is to hold meetings at which those interested in Laryngology can discuss clinical practice and present research papers.
The LSA was formed in 2012 with the aim of promoting excellence in Laryngology in Australia and New Zealand.
An overall interest is taken in the development of the speciality in Australia and New Zealand. The LSA provides a liaison with similar organisation internationally, especially through Asia and the Pacific region.
The society intends to hold a major meeting at least every 2 years, with the option to hold annual meetings or smaller meetings in conjunction with other groups as decided by the Committee.
The first AGM will be held on 28 July 2013 at St Vincent’s Campus, Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW at a time to be confirmed. The proposed Constitution can be viewed here
THE LARYNGOLOGY SOCIETY OF AUSTRALASIA (LSA) Mission Statement
The Laryngology Society of Australasia was founded in 2012 with the aims to:
- Advance education and research in all aspects of laryngology.
- Promote current best practice training and treatment in laryngeal structure, function and disorder throughout Australasia.
- Establish and maintain communication between professionals in the field of laryngology, liaise with other similar organisations worldwide and furthermore advocate with government and health providers.
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, conventions and other educational activities for those interested in laryngology to foster development of basic sciences and related clinical practice.
2nd Laryngology Society of Australasia Conference
Register your interest for the 2nd Laryngology Society of Australasia Conference. 2016 by clicking the button below. (Early Bird Registration will open in early 2016).
CAIRNS HALF DAY SATELLITE MEETING FEEDBACK
12 August 2015
I am writing to add my voice to the chorus of praise I hope you have received for the wonderful seminar in Cairns. What an outstanding group of speakers you managed to assemble. It must be encouraging for the LSA board to have achieved, with the Cairns seminar, what I think is a primary focus of the LSA, i.e. education by appealing to all members. I have always been a strong critic of setting the bar too low and not informing presenters of the expected level of knowledge of the audience and so it was terrific that LSA got the balance so right at the Cairns.
Debbie your chairmanship of the seminar was outstanding and so encouraging to hear so many questions from a clearly very engaged audience.
Congratulations all on a job, very well done.
Certified Practising Speech Pathologist -Voice Care Australia
Just wanted to say how great yesterday afternoon’s speakers and presentations were. Relaxed atmosphere, fascinating NEW stuff given by wonderful experts in their fields.
Really well done for organising it. Please pass on thanks to the Committee.
- Stimulating program , with engaging speakers
- Outstanding speakers , well done LSA
- Great program and speakers , inclusive discussions and networking.