I am writing to add my voice to the chorus of praise I hope you have received for the wonderful seminar...
The Third Australasian and Asia Pacific Laryngology Conference 2016 will be held 4 - 6 November 2016...
The Laryngology Society of Australasia (LSA) was formed to promote Laryngology in Australasia for Otolaryngologists, Speech Pathologists and Voice Scientists. The fundamental purpose is to hold meetings at which those interested in Laryngology can discuss clinical practice and present research papers.
The LSA was formed in 2012 with the aim of promoting excellence in Laryngology in Australia and New Zealand.
An overall interest is taken in the development of the speciality in Australia and New Zealand. The LSA provides a liaison with similar organisation internationally, especially through Asia and the Pacific region.
The society intends to hold a major meeting at least every 2 years, with the option to hold annual meetings or smaller meetings in conjunction with other groups as decided by the Committee.
The first AGM will be held on 28 July 2013 at St Vincent’s Campus, Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW at a time to be confirmed. The proposed Constitution can be viewed here
THE AIMS OF THE LARYNGOLOGY SOCIETY OF AUSTRALASIA (LSA)
- To promote all aspects of laryngology.
- To hold meetings at which those interested in Laryngology can meet, discuss clinical practice and present research papers.
- To take an overall interest in the development of laryngology in Australia and New Zealand with special reference to research and the needs to those in training.
- To liaise with other national and international Laryngology societies, and other organisations relevant to the practice of laryngology, especially throughout Australasia, Asia and the Pacific Region.
Third Australasian and Asia Pacific Laryngology CONFERENCE 2016
Register your interest for the third Australasian and Asia Pacific Laryngology Conference 2016 by clicking the button below. (Early Bird Registration will open in early 2016).
CAIRNS HALF DAY SATELLITE MEETING FEEDBACK
12 August 2015
I am writing to add my voice to the chorus of praise I hope you have received for the wonderful seminar in Cairns. What an outstanding group of speakers you managed to assemble. It must be encouraging for the LSA board to have achieved, with the Cairns seminar, what I think is a primary focus of the LSA, i.e. education by appealing to all members. I have always been a strong critic of setting the bar too low and not informing presenters of the expected level of knowledge of the audience and so it was terrific that LSA got the balance so right at the Cairns.
Debbie your chairmanship of the seminar was outstanding and so encouraging to hear so many questions from a clearly very engaged audience.
Congratulations all on a job, very well done.
Certified Practising Speech Pathologist -Voice Care Australia
Just wanted to say how great yesterday afternoon’s speakers and presentations were. Relaxed atmosphere, fascinating NEW stuff given by wonderful experts in their fields.
Really well done for organising it. Please pass on thanks to the Committee.
- Stimulating program , with engaging speakers
- Outstanding speakers , well done LSA
- Great program and speakers , inclusive discussions and networking.